Craig Burgess has designed thousands of unique pieces of jewelry over his career. His experience in all aspects of design offers an opportunity for the client to express their vision.
Your jewelry can typically last a lifetime on its own, but with knowledge of how to properly care for and buy jewelry, it can last for several lifetimes and handed down for generations to come. It is also important to understand what your jewelry is worth if you plan to sell it.
Diamonds represent significant milestones in one’s life and are a part of some of the most meaningful jewelry one can own. The pieces are very important and often expensive, so it is necessary that you understand exactly what type of diamond you want. When choosing the highest-quality diamond, it is important to refer to what is called the “four Cs.” This includes:
- Cut – The cut of the diamond may be the most important “C” because it can greatly affect the brilliance of the gem. There are a large variety of cuts available, so choosing what works best for you will likely come down to preference.
- Carat – Carats are a measurement of the weight of the diamond. This is the easiest of the four “Cs” to determine because it can be measured in an exact amount.
- Clarity – The clarity of a diamond is relatively straightforward, but sometimes difficult to determine. Even a very small flaw in the diamond can affect the light passing through it and can diminish the brilliance of it.
- Color – Usually, the best color for a diamond is no color at all. Any color variations can hinder the quality of the gem.
Different Types of Metals
Jewels are supported by metal framework that holds everything together like the structure of a home. To find what works best for you, it is important to consider the different types of metal available.
Traditional metals include gold, platinum and sterling silver, each of which has their own advantages and disadvantages depending on your unique circumstance. In recent years, more alternative metal has become popular. This includes:
- Cobalt Alloy with Chromium
- Stainless Steel
- Tungsten Carbide
Why Work With Us?
At A&C Jewelry, we provide decades of industry expertise to bring you beautiful, one-of-a-kind jewelry. If you are looking to buy or sell, A&C Jewelry can help guide you. We will work with you to make sure that you feel informed and confident in your decision to buy or sell.